We are proud to announce that HCA Healthcare has again been recognized by military times as one of the nation’s top employers because of our organization’s efforts to recruit, retain, and support current and former military members, military spouses, and military caregivers. Since 2012, HCA Healthcare has hired more than 40,000 veterans, active duty personnel, and military spouses.
The The military era Best for Vets 2022: Employers The ranking is an editorially independent and highly respected analysis of the policies and practices that make the companies an attractive place to work for current employees and future job seekers within the military community. The rankings are based on the results of a voluntary survey that aims to capture the areas most important to transitioning military members, veterans and their families when choosing an employer. Recruitment and employment practices, as well as retention and support programs, receive the most weight in scoring.
The designation recognizes the work done by HCA Healthcare to support and employ veterans, including:
- Launched an in-house mentoring program for veterans and military spouses, which has been successful in helping recently transitioning veterans navigate the civilian workforce.
- Maintain a network of fellow veterans, a self-managed, employee-led volunteer network that facilitates connection, collaboration and celebration among colleagues.
- Provide military leave and additional compensation to eligible colleagues and support those who wish to continue serving as an active duty military member while working at HCA Healthcare.
- In partnership with the US Army Medical Recruiting Brigade to create the Patriot Partner Program enabling the military to provide specialized training for nationwide residency and fellowship programs.
- Member of the United States Chamber of Commerce Veterans Employment and Military Spouse Employment Tips.
- Work with the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation on the “Hire 100,000 military wives” campaign to help military spouses looking for a 21stcareer opportunities of the last century. As a founding member of the coalition in 2021, HCA Healthcare has hired over 1,100 military spouses.
HCA Healthcare has a long-standing commitment to American veterans and military communities. This year, the company is donating $50,000 to Restart Recovery, a national, peer-led trauma healing program for veterans, their families, and first responders, to help them rewrite their military curriculum. HCA Healthcare is also donating $25,000 to Fisherman’s House Foundation to build a second home in San Antonio, Texas, for military families to stay for free while a loved one is in the hospital or VA Medical Center and $25,000 to Gary Sinise Foundation, which has made more than 80 specially adapted smart homes for seriously injured veterans and first responders. Over the past five years, HCA Healthcare has donated approximately $900,000 to national and local veteran support organizations.
Additionally, HCA Healthcare has been nationally recognized as a Military-Friendly Employer and Military Spouse-Friendly Employer for 12 consecutive years by VICTOIRE and, in 2021, received employer support from the Secretary of Defense freedom price. In 2015, HCA Healthcare received the American Chamber of Commerce Hiring our Heroes – Lee Anderson Award for overall excellence in hiring and retaining veterans, transitioning military members and military spouses.