• CAE Healthcare was recently named a Certified Green Business Partner by Sarasota County, where it is headquartered in the United States.
The green designation is awarded to companies that operate in an environmentally responsible manner, as determined by rigorous evaluation.
To be certified as Green Business Partners, companies must verify conservation practices in four areas: business operations, solid waste management, water conservation and energy use.
In addition to CAE completing a full application, the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences conducted an assessment. The school recognized CAE Healthcare’s recycling initiatives, company policies and the use of energy-efficient equipment. CAE Healthcare will retain the title until 2025.
CAE Healthcare provides integrated education and training solutions for healthcare students and clinical professionals throughout the professional lifecycle, enabling them to gain hands-on experience in simulated environments before treating patients.
• PGT Innovationsa leader in the premium window and door category, recently ranked #1 in the engineering and manufacturing category on Forbes’ America’s Best-in-State Employers list for 2022.
This year’s comprehensive list included 1,380 companies across the United States in 25 industry sectors. For the State of Florida, PGT Innovations was one of 33 companies to make the list.
To compile the list, a survey was conducted of 70,000 US employees across 25 industry sectors. The survey considered all aspects of an employee’s experience, including working conditions, salary, growth potential and workplace diversity, and also asked for direct employee recommendations. as well as indirect recommendations from workers in the industry.
Prior to this recognition, PGT Innovations appeared on several Forbes lists, including America’s Best Midsize Employers of 2022, Best Small-Cap Company in 2022 and 2021, Best Small Businesses of 2021, and the inaugural list of America’s Best Employers in 2022. 2022. Employers in 2019, to name a few.
PGT has approximately 5,500 team members across the United States to support its 30 facilities, which include manufacturing plants, glass plants, branded retail stores, warehouses and installation offices.
• Members of Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association did well at the FPRA’s Golden Image Awards, with recognition at the 83rd Annual Conference in Orlando in August.
CWC-FPRA members Sharon Kunkel, APR, and Kim Livengood, APR, CPRC, won honors in two of the three professional divisions, in addition to other awards won by chapter members.
Wordslinger Marketing & PR’s Kunkel, whose “Adult Adoption Story” received the Grand Golden Image Award, won top honors in Division B – PR Collateral Tools. It was also recognized with the Golden Image Award in the “Press Release or Pitch” category, as well as the Judges’ Award for Outstanding Entry that Achieves Maximum Return on Investment.
Livengood’s “To Meat or Not to Meat” entry, Hamlet’s Eatery took top honors in Division C – Digital PR Tools, winning the Grand Golden Image Award. She also won the Golden Image Award in the “Online Audience Engagement” category, as well as a Judges’ Award for an Outstanding Entry that Achieves Maximum ROI.
The other CWC-FPRA winners were:
• KSC, Inc. and Sarasota Orchestra’s 2022 Sarasota Music Festival “Fellow Recruitment Campaign”: Golden Image Award and Judges’ Award.
• North Port Parks & Recreation’s Warm Mineral Springs Campaign “Experience Vintage Florida”: Distinction Award and Judges’ Award.
• Annual report “2021 Year in Review” of the Barancik Foundation: Distinction Award.
In addition, another CWC member, Elise Ramer, MBA, APR, CPRC, served this year on the FPRA Executive Committee as Vice President of Golden Image and hosted the event.
The Golden Image Awards competition is held annually by the Florida Public Relations Association to recognize outstanding public relations programs in Florida and to encourage and promote the development of public relations in our state.
• AM Best recently affirmed a financial strength rating of “A-” (Excellent) and a long-term credit rating of “a-” (Excellent) to SUNZ Insurance Co.in Bradenton.
The outlook for these credit ratings is stable. The ratings reflect SUNZ Insurance’s balance sheet strength, operating performance, business profile and enterprise risk management.
The rating actions are confirmed as part of SUNZ’s footprint expansion to 42 states offering personalized workers’ compensation insurance coverage nationwide through its fronting partnership.
• Bayside Pet Resort held a groundbreaking ceremony this summer for its new location at Wellen Park at River Road and US 41 in southern Sarasota County.
Bayside offers five-star amenities for its canine and feline guests, including grooming, training, daycare, and overnight accommodations.
Other Bayside resorts are in Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch, and Osprey.