Technical Coordinator – Housing/Asset Maintenance/Repairs
Milton Keynes (Kents Hill)
Full time (37.5 hours per week)
£33,000 per year
Would you like to thrive in a job that makes a real difference in the lives of people in your area?
At Grand Union, we are more than just a financially strong housing association, we have an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing lifetime homes for our customers. We provide essential additional services to support the most vulnerable, but we are also building shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to access the ownership ladder.
We are passionate about our communities and committed to being a learning organization, developing talent to achieve our service goals, and supporting the next generation in a career in housing.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a strong administrator to join our team as a technical coordinator, providing support to the real estate team and managing the payment of invoices from external contractors.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Manage the administration of any dilapidation claims received.
- Manage the Property Managers’ calendars using effective control of the Dynamic Appointment and Labor Scheduling System (DRS) in relation to the inspections/visits they perform.
- Provide technical support to customer contact team and job planners to ensure accurate job diagnosis to achieve “right first time” objectives.
- Liaise with tenants and advise on various topics from tenant requests to make minor changes to tenant improvements and rechargeable repairs.
- You will provide technical support to advise and instruct contractors and Internal Repair Team (IRT) operators.
- Ensure that all contractor invoices are processed correctly and efficiently.
- Ensure that all contractor invoices are processed correctly and efficiently through appropriate systems and approved by relevant parties
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience working in a busy office environment
- Strong administrative skills with the ability to write and follow procedures while maintaining clear and concise records.
- Experience working with contractors and suppliers.
- Experience working in a housing maintenance environment.
- Good experience processing invoices using various software systems (e.g. Ebiz and Open Accounts)
- Ability to manage and maintain accurate financial information.
- Experience in preparing reports and monitoring budgets would be an advantage
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet conflicting deadlines.
What we offer:
- Annual leave up to 30 days
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme – employer contribution up to 10%
- Life insurance (2x salary)
- Generous sick pay
- Free parking
- Many learning and development opportunities, including qualifications
- Paid professional subscriptions (max 2 if both are relevant to the role)
- Agile work
- Employee Assistance Program (including counseling via helpline and/or in person)
- On-site wellness activities including massages
- Free annual flu shots
- And much more ! (see attached list of benefits)
If you are like-minded and want to help shape the future of housing by providing quality service to our clients, excelling at your job and having a positive attitude, we want to hear from you.
You are just one click away from starting your journey with us…
We are committed to implementing our Equality, Diversity and Customer Service Policy and are proactive in protecting vulnerable adults and children.
Closing date: March 13, 2022
Interviews: March 18, 2022
#NowHiring #Jobs #TechnicalCoordinator #HousingMaintenance #PropertyMaintenance #Repairs #Contractors #Construction #Invoices #Admin #HousingJobs #MiltonKeynes